Protection from concussion, jaw and teeth
Protects against tooth, jaw and head damageWrite your review
The Elastoplast “Jaws” Adult Mouthguard is used to prevent injury to the mouth, jaw and teeth while playing high-impact sports such as football, hockey, boxing or MMA (mixed martial arts).
Using a well-fitted sports mouthguard helps avoid the possibility of dental complications from any impact to the gums, teeth and jaw. With its unique “Jaws” design, this sports mouthguard will help you stand out from the pack.
The Elastoplast Sport Mouthguard is a ‘boil and bite’ product. It uses thermoplastic (BPA and latex free) that moulds to the shape of your teeth and jaw. This provides a snug fit and maximum support against impact.
1. Practice pressing the mouthguard firmly to the roof of your mouth with your tongue, suck back a bit, and bite down with your teeth. You’ll be doing this for real in a minute.
2. Get out two bowls. Fill one with boiling water and the other with cold water. Make sure there will be enough room to full submerge the mouthguard.
3. While the boiling water is still very hot, use a fork to place your mouthguard under the hot water so it is fully submerged.
4. Let the mouthguard soak in the boiling water for 20-30 seconds.
5. Once soft, use your fork to lift the mouthguard out of the bowl of boiling water and put it straight into bowl of cold water.
6. Let the mouthguard sit in the cold water for 3-5 seconds. This is just to make the mouthguard cool enough to put in your mouth, but still warm enough to be mouldable.
7. Bite down on the mouthguard using the technique you practiced in step 1. Hold for one minute. Bite firm, but not too hard.
8. If the mouthguard still feels loose, you’ll need to remould it starting from step 3.
9. Once you have the right fit, remove your sports mouthguard and put it back into the bowl of cold water to set the plastic.
Although compiled with great care, please note that the tips and advice given on this website by no means substitute medical advice and treatment. If you have or suspect a health problem, consult a doctor and follow medical advice regardless of what you have learned on this website. Always read carefully and follow the instructions for use or the leaflets of our products. For further information about our products, please contact us here.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.