Elastoplast Wound Spray
Elastoplast Wound Spray
Even superficial wounds can become infected if they’re not cleansed effectively. Cleansing the wound is an essential first step for optimal healing and it is recommended for all types of wounds.
Elastoplast Wound Spray is an easy to use spray for the cleansing of minor acute wounds such as cuts, abrasions, first and minor second-degree burns and open blisters.
It can also be used for chronic wounds and postoperative wound care as per your doctor’s instructions. The Elastoplast Wound Spray also helps to remove crusts or clotted dressings.
It is free of alcohol and does not cause stinging during application or dry the skin. Elastoplast Wound Spray is a pain-free* and effective way to cleanse wounds from dirt and bacteria and prevent from wound infections.
The solution is transparent, so it won’t stain clothing like tinted products containing for example Iodine or Eosin.
Skin-friendly and suitable for children, Elastoplast Wound Spray is an effective and gentle way to support the wound healing process.
The handy spray bottle of the Elastoplast Wound Spray works well at any angle, which makes it ideal for on-the-go first aid, sports and outdoor activities.
*PMCF-Study, 95% agreement “Wound Spray is pain-free to use”, n=59, Freese R, Physician, principal investigator, Hamburg, 2019
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist contact your healthcare provider.
How to Use
|Product :||Elastoplast Wound Spray||Type:||Size:||
1. Why should I use Elastoplast Wound Spray?A clean and cleansed wound is the first step to optimal healing. Elastoplast Wound Spray can be used for the cleansing of acute wounds, for example cuts, abrasions, first-degree and minor second-degree burns and open blisters. It can also be used for chronic wounds and postoperative wound care as per your doctor's instruction.
2. How should I use the Elastoplast Wound Spray?After the bleeding has been stopped, cleanse the wound with the spray then dry the wound before applying a plaster. You should spray from a distance of approximately 10cm onto the entire wound area.
Clotted or encrusted dressings can also be moistened with Elastoplast Wound Spray prior to removal to enable easier, pain-free removal.
3. Can Elastoplast Wound Spray be used before applying a plaster with the Silver Antibacterial Plasters?Yes. Elastoplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before application of Elastoplast Antibacterial Plasters. After the bleeding has been stopped, cleanse the wound with the spray, dry the wound, and then apply the plaster.
Can I use the Elastoplast Wound Spray before applying Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment?Yes. The Elastoplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before the application of Elastoplast Wound healing Ointment. For more information, you might found our article on Wound Healing useful.
5. Can I use Elastoplast Wound Spray before applying Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment?Yes. Elastoplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before the application of Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment. For more information, you might find our article on Wound Healing useful.
6. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?In the case of larger wounds with heavy exudate or signs of infection, a doctor should be consulted. Speaking to a doctor is also important if redness, swelling or pain develops at the wound area, the condition gets worse or the wound healing process does not start within a few days. If there’s any doubt, see a doctor.
7. Is Elastoplast Wound Spray suitable for sensitive skin?Elastoplast Wound Spray is very skin-friendly and suitable for application on sensitive skin.
8. Can I use Elastoplast Wound Spray after an operation?Yes. Elastoplast Wound Spray is suitable for wound cleansing after operations and surgery, as per your doctors instructions.
9. How long after opening can I use Elastoplast Wound Spray?Elastoplast Wound Spray can be used for up to 12 months after opening.
10. Is Elastoplast Wound Spray suitable for pregnant women or children?
Elastoplast Wound Spray is very skin friendly. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or before using on children under 2 years of age, please consult a doctor first.
For detailed application advice please see patient information leaflet.