Some wounds next a special kind of wound dressing. If you have sensitive skin, you can’t avoid water while you’re healing, or if you have a particularly large wound, you need an appropriate wound dressing to ensure you heal properly.
Wound dressing for sensitive skin
If your skin reacts easily (or painfully) to certain substances, be careful to choose a wound dressing that won’t irritate you.
- Elastoplast Sensitive Plasters are all-purpose adhesive plasters for people with easily irritated skin. They cushion and protect minor wounds with secure yet gentle adhesion. You can choose between different strip sizes for a variety of cuts, scrapes and grazes or you can cut the correct dressing length every time.
- Elastoplast Silicone Soft Plasters are the ideal solution if you have highly fragile, irritated or sensitive skin and require extra-tender wound treatment. They’re also an excellent choice when frequent plaster changes are necessary as they offer you 100% pain-free removal, every time.
Wound dressing for waterproof protection
Protecting your wounds from harmful bacteria can be tricky if your work or hobbies involve the affected area being regularly wet.
- Elastoplast Aqua Protect Waterproof Plasters are ideal for covering small wounds in and out of the water. The flexible, breathable and transparent adhesive material completely seals off your wound even while wet.
- If you require a plaster with extra strong adhesion without compromising on flexibility or breathability an Elastoplast Heavy Fabric Waterproof Plaster is a good choice. Featuring Elastoplast’s Hi-DRY TEX technology, these plasters ensure protection and care even under heavy-duty activities.
Minor surgery can result in larger wounds that require larger wound dressings for them to heal properly.
- The Elastoplast Antibacterial Waterproof XXL Plasters contain antibacterial silver to prevent infections and keep your wound clean. The extra-large wound pad is non-stick and effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria.
The waterproof plaster material stays sticky in all wet environments.
- If you have particularly sensitive skin, Elastoplast Sensitive Antibacterial XL/XXL plasters are made from soft and flexible material that creates a firm seal all around your wound, while remaining painless to remove. The soft wound pad provides cushioning and prevents infection with antibacterial silver.