If you or another person is experiencing leg pain, it is important to receive an accurate diagnosis to ensure the correct management of your pain. Only a qualified physician can provide an accurate and reliable assessment.
Sprains, and ligament tears to the calf and/or thigh are the most common types of leg injuries but fractures to the bones of the leg are also possible. These usually occur from trauma or a direct blow. Depending of the severity of the pain, symptoms of a leg injury can include:
If a bone is poking through the skin, call 000 for emergency assistance.
- Severe pain
- Disfiguration or dislocation
- A sense of numbness or tingling
- Inability to move the leg normally due to weakness and or excessive pain
- Inability to put weight on the affected leg
- Signs of swelling, warmth, redness and/or bruising