Hand Mix PackWrite your review
Elastoplast Hand Mix Pack
*Elastoplast plasters block 99% of dirt and bacteria.
The multi purpose pack is ideal for the placement on fingers. It contains:
- 4 Fabric Finger Strips: extra flexible material and extra long strips that wrap around the finger twice
- 8 Water Resistant Strips: repel water and dirt
- 2 Fabric Strips: extra flexible fabric
- 4 Aqua Protect Strips: 100% waterproof
- 2 Fabric Fingertip Strips: ideal for joints
Cleansing the wound from dirt and bacteria is an essential first step to enable optimal healing. To prevent wound infections, spray the Elastoplast Wound Spray from a distance of approximately 10 cm onto the entire wound area. Repeat if necessary, then gently dry the wound and surrounding skin area.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with the Elastoplast sterile wound dressing that best suits your needs. Observe your wound and change the plaster or dressing regularly unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor. You might find this wound dressing know-how article useful.
Help your wound heal up to 2x faster and with a lower risk of scarring. Apply Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment regularly until your wound has healed completely. Carefully apply a thin film one to two times per day. Make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound. Repeat regularly until the healing is completed. The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used on open minor superficial wounds and at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster or dressing.
Hand Mix Pack 20 Strips
|Fabric Finger Strips||19 x 120 mm||4 Strips|
|Water Resistant Strips||19 x 72 mm
||72 x 22 mm
|Aqua Protect Strips
||25 x 65 mm
|Fabric Fingertip Strips
||44 x 50 mm
- 1. How often should I change my plaster?
- Usually, it is recommended to change standard first aid dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
- It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and forms pus?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. Which plaster should I use for my sensitive skin?
- If you have very sensitive skin we recommend using the Elastoplast Sensitive or Elastoplast Sensitive Kids products. These plasters are especially developed for sensitive skin and are very skin friendly and hypoallergenic.
- 6. Which Hansaplast plasters are waterproof and water-resistant?
- The Elastoplast Aqua Protect and Aqua Protect XL/XXL strips as well as the Fast Healing Plasters are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Elastoplast Fabric range is water-repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Elastoplast Water Resistant plasters as well as the Junior plasters are water-resistant.
Although compiled with great care, please note that the tips and advice given on this website by no means substitute medical advice and treatment. If you have or suspect a health problem, consult a doctor and follow medical advice regardless of what you have learned on this website. Always read carefully and follow the instructions for use or the leaflets of our products. For further information about our products, please contact us here.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.