Heavy FabricStrong Adhesive Plaster
- Flexible and breathable
- Super strong adhesion
Our heavy fabric plasters are available in:
• Different sized strips which seal all around the wound
• A dressing length which can be cut to the ideal size
How to use
|22 x 76mm
1. How often should I change my plaster?
Usually, it is recommended that you change Standard First Aid Dressings daily, to maintain good hygiene. Some advanced plasters that provide moist wound healing conditions should be left in place for two days or more in order to not interrupt the healing process.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
The benefits of keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered are myths. Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a greatly reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional if:
- The wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- The wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling. There are embedded foreign objects in the wound.
- The wound is an animal or human bite
- The wound is in the area of the face
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
Please consult a medical professional if you recognise signs of infection. This is not only in the case of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. Where infection occurs, the wound will need immediate medical care and possibly special medical treatment.
5. Does Heavy Fabric Waterproof stick to the wound?
No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the Heavy Fabric Waterproof plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
6. How can a fabric plaster be waterproof?
Fabric plaster can be waterproof thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly.
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry.
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive.
This combination results in a dressing that protects the wound reliably from external influences such as water, germs and dirt even under the most difficult circumstances.
7. What is so special about the new Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances.
The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible, quick-drying fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands, accidents and injuries can happen.
In cases like these, special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
Heavy Fabric Waterproof protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations, the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended that you change Heavy Fabric Waterproof plasters regularly to keep the site hygienic.
9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
Due to the superior material and product quality, waterproof fabric plasters are pleasant and convenient to wear and allow optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is friendly to the skin and can be removed without residue.